Location: Simply Yoga, 4437 Route 27, Kingston, NJ 08528
Gain the skills and confidence to teach a yoga that is safe, cultivates hope, provides specific yoga benefits, and creates a truly nurturing environment for people touched by cancer.
OM yoga’s unique 40-hour training, scheduled in two parts, offers certified yoga teachers the opportunity to learn about cancer, life-long side effects of cancer treatments, and best yoga practices for cancer patients and survivors.
You will learn:
• What cancer survivors really feel and need
• Beneficial and questionable asanas
• Specific healing sequences for lymphedema, fatigue, neuropathy and osteoporosis
• How yoga maintains and strengthens the immune system
The curriculum includes:
• A Course Manual
• Lecture, demonstration, and discussion
• Analysis of appropriate and non-appropriate poses
• Guidelines and essential elements of a class plan
• Observed practice teaching and individualized feedback
• Resources, research data and readings
• How to get referrals and to start a yoga program for survivors
"This training sets a concrete standard of protocol needed for teaching yoga to cancer survivors"
– K. Gomez, Recent Training Graduate
Who is eligible?
Please apply if you are a yoga teacher certified at the 200- hour level from any lineage; if you are inspired to extend your teaching practice and want to offer smart, caring yoga classes, private or group, to cancer survivors.
OM Yoga Cancer Survivor Teacher Training is a unique 40-hour accredited training for 200-hour certified yoga teachers scheduled in two parts:
Part 1: Oct 5-7, 2012 (Fri. 1-5 / Sat & Sun 9-5)
Part 2: Feb 1-3, 2013 (Fri. 1-5 / Sat. & Sun. 9-5)
Each training workshop constitutes 20 hours of CEU credits.
NOTE: The first weekend is required to enroll in the second weekend.
Cost: $275 for Oct. 5-7 / $495 for Oct 5-7 and Feb 1-3
Enrollment: Limited to 20
1.) E-mail Carol Cook at email@example.com to check availability
2.) Send a check made out to "Simply Yoga" to the Simply Yoga mailing address: Simply Yoga, 21 Rachel Court, Franklin Park, NJ 08823
Location for Workshop:
Simply Yoga • 4437 Route 27 • Kingston, NJ 08528 • 609.924.7751
KINGSTON MALL SHOPPING CENTER • 4437 ROUTE 27 • KINGSTON, NJ 08528 • 609.924.7751
Mailing Address: 21 Rachel Court, Franklin Park, NJ 08823